August 22 2008 - Dave's Beat of the Week

Posted by WBFJ | | Posted on 9:50 AM

Hey guys. Dave here. I can't begin to tell you how excited I am about this new blog and the opportunity to connect with you even more!!!!!!!!!!! See how many exlamation points I just used?

One thing you'll get to know about me, if you don't already know it, is that my musical tastes are all over the map. If I had to listen to just one type of music all the time life would be pretty boring for me. Having said that, you also must know that I'm not a big fan of screaming. Nothing against it but it's not my personal cup of tea. So if a band doesn't have just a hint of melody in their music, I have a hard time finding something to connect with.

Last week I had the chance to share the stage at Taking Back the Streets in Pinnacle, NC with a band who has just enough of a metal edge to appeal to hardcore fans while keeping enough melody in the mix to keep me satisfied. They're called I Am Terrified and their self-titled EP, new on Gotee/Mono v. Stereo, is my beat of the week. I Am Terrified hails from Birmingham, AL and they take their name from Job 23:14-15 (go there and check it out). Hey, the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, right? These guys are all about ministry and spreading the gospel and this shows through all six songs. The icing on the cake for me was the last song "Some Glad Morning" which takes the old chorus of "I'll Fly Away" and rocks it up considerably. Where else are you gonna hear that?

Check them out at www.iamterrified.com and www.myspace.com/iamterrified.

Until next time,
Dave
Psalm 139

Comments (0)