Deke's Beat of the Week - August 29th Edition

Posted by WBFJ | | Posted on 11:48 AM

This week my iPod has been stuck on one band...and mostly one song in particular. The band is named Run Kid Run and their latest CD, Love at the Core, is definitely in the running for my top ten albums of the year. The last song on the CD is called freedom and to be honest it sums up my salvation experience. There I was a junior in high school thinking I had this Christian thing down. Come to find out I was as far from Christ as I could be and was never truly saved. Then that last night of camp God broke me and brought me to repentence and a faith in the awesome saving power of Christ Jesus. So without further pause...here is Run Kid Run's "Freedom":


Oh my chains,I can't disengage,
I don't believe that I want to,
one hand sings your praise, the other brings me shame,
I have selfishness to blame...

And I'm singing for freedom,
I know I'm not the only one praying to the one, who can bring me this freedom,
I'm ready for change, change, change, change...

Looking down I lay,
I keep holding my chains, no longer bound but here I stay,
I scream Father please, I need rescuing, I need and You alone..
And I'm singing for freedom,
I know I'm not the only one praying to the one,
who can bring me this freedom,
I'm ready for, I'm ready for...

Still You patiently await yet I won't just let go,
I see You and You alone,
say come follow Me there are steps so you can see...release
So I'm singing for freedom,
So I'm singing for freedom...

The time has come-separation lost the war to love,
take my hand, grace is found-yeah-where Your words begin,
You're alive, You're alive,
in the waking of new life,t
ake my hand, in the end there's only love...

(ooooo) there's only love (oooo)

And I'm singing for freedom,
i know i'm not the only one praying to the one,
who can bring me this freedom,
i'm ready for, i'm ready for-Father please, i need rescuing, i need You and You alone...

Now you can see why this song is so powerful. The truth of the gospel is simple to understand yet we must all come to a point where we repent (turn from our sins) and trust in Christ. It is then that we find freedom from the sin that so easily entangles and the punishment for our sins - hell.

"Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:31-32

If you want to check out more about Run Kid Run you can go to http://www.runkidrun.net. You can also hear Dave's in depth interview with Run Kid by clicking here.

Comments (0)