Deke's Beat of the Week: Disciple's "3-2-1"

Posted by WBFJ | | Posted on 12:27 PM

This week my Beat of the Week is not a CD but just one song. In fact, it is the latest Disciple song to hit the Crossroad playlist, "3-2-1."

The reason I chose this song was not just because Disciple rocks, but because (as with most of their music) they give clear scripture references to all their lyrics. In fact when I took a look at my secret stash of newly released music I saw that Disciple's lyric page was chock full of some awesome scripture. Here is what I saw:

I’m feeling everything’s about to blow (Matt 24:28,33)
Here He comes, undefeated, undisputed (Rev 19:11-16)
Relentless earth, coming to collect (Heb 9:27)
Hidden from the awaited day of rest (Heb 4:3)
The feet that swell, walk the memories of late (Genesis 19:26, Luke 9:62)
Wrapped around the heart of pity masquerade (Matt 12:34)
Watch out. Get down now. No doubt. 321. (Matt 24:42-44)

The moon has turned to blood (Rev 6:12)
Baptized in vengeance flame (2 Thess 1:8, Rev 6:10)
They shake at what’s to come (Isaiah 2:19)
When He breaks the seals of pain (Rev 6:7)
So roll back the prison bars (Isaiah 61:1-2, Luke 4:18-19)
For charity not fame (1 Cor 13:3, 14:1)
Till the streets will overrun (Zech 8:4-5)
With tongues that shout the name (Phil 2:11)

*All scripture is from there lyric page (not me)

Disciple, once again, has shown that they are not afraid to proclaim God's word in anyway possible. I encourage you to check out the song above and turn it into a Bible Study or devotion. Go through the scriptures referenced because it's is an awesome look at the second coming of Christ.

Also, join us this Friday night as we premiere this Bible Study with a beat.

Deke

Comments (0)