Dave's response to FF5

Posted by WBFJ | | Posted on 2:34 PM

Hey guys, I just had to chime in here. Sorry it's been a while since I've blogged. If you saw my last newsletter column, you know why.

Let me just say that I'm in total 100% agreement with Deke on this. FF5 has been a huge part of our playlist for the past 2-3 years and we've even had Mr. Chap Stique himself on the show at one point. I want to emphasize that this is not meant to pass judgment on the band or any of its individual members' salvation because I'm not qualified to do so.

However, it's extremely troublesome to see the response to this simple question about the Gospel of our Lord. Like our listener, Matt, stated in his post - and the scripture confirms this - Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. This is a message that needs to be shouted out in every way possible - in our words and in our lives. Without Him, we're lost and hopeless.

We play some cool music at XR and, granted, FF5 is probably one of the coolest bands to be playing right now. But more than that, we want to present artists and bands who don't compromise the truth week in and week out on our show.

Thanks so much to everyone for listening to XR and for your understanding as we seek to serve Christ, who stands ready and willing to save all who come to Him.

God bless,
Dave

Comments (0)